The School of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce the fourth annual Staff Excellence Recognition Program.
Peter March, Executive Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, will recognize staff who have distinguished themselves in service excellence, dedication to the School of Arts and Sciences, and our students and constituents. The award criteria listed below incorporates values highlighted by a group of SAS staff.
Nominations for the SAS Staff Excellence Recognition Program for 2021 will be accepted through a web portal starting on October 4, 2021. The deadline for nominations is November 8, 2021. Award winners will be recognized at a reception with the Executive Dean on a date to be determined based on the relevant state and university guidance when we are able to celebrate together again.
In an effort to ensure the SAS Staff Excellence Recognition Program encompasses the broad spectrum of staff in the school, a group of past SAS Staff Excellence Award winners recommended the addition of categories to the award program. When considering possible nominees and when completing the online nominations form please determine if the nominee and their efforts are:
- Primarily related to the student experience, or
- Primarily related to the operations of the school, or
- Directly impacted the staff culture in the school, unit, and/or program
Nominations should address the following criteria, with specific examples since award recipients will be selected on the merits and strengths of the contributions.
- Demonstrates ongoing excellence in service to faculty, staff, students, community and/or other customers
- Exhibits initiative and creativity in developing solutions to problems that result in improved service and/or efficiency and effectiveness of an operation, unit, and/or school
- Promotes productive relationships; strives to motivate and support others; contributes to a positive, collaborative work environment; and promotes positive morale
- Demonstrates a commitment to and support of the School’s values, including: discovery and innovation; promoting diversity and inclusion; strengthening community; engaging the public; and, leadership at Rutgers, in the community and world.
- Nominees must be full-time staff employees (non-academic employees) from any unit within the School of Arts and Sciences
- Staff must have been working in the School of Arts and Sciences for at least one year (staff must have a October 1, 2020 or before start date in an SAS position to be eligible)
- Previous recipients of the Staff Recognition Award are not eligible for nomination for five years
- Previous recipients of the Staff COVID-19 Response Award are eligible for the SAS Staff Recognition Award (if not prior winners of the SAS Staff Recognition Award)
- Individual staff members or teams of staff will be considered. Teams of staff members should work collaboratively to achieve goals across the school and can include departments, committees, work groups, etc.
- Anyone affiliated with the School of Arts and Sciences (staff, faculty, students) is welcome to submit nominations
- There is no limit to the number of nominations a person may submit
- A staff member may not submit a nomination for themselves and they may not submit a nomination for a team on which they are a team member
- Nominations must be submitted online no later than November 8, 2021 at 5:00pm
- A committee comprised of the prior year’s Staff Excellence Recognition winners will review the nominations and advise Dean March of their recommendations.
- The award winner(s) will be announced in early 2022. Award recipients, and the nominator will be invited to attend a celebratory reception with Dean March when we are able to celebrate together again.
- The awardees will also be featured on the SAS website.
Questions about the SAS Staff Excellence Recognition Program can be directed to Rosemary Lane: firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-6440.
Frequently Asked Questions
To Submit a Nomination
The Nomination Form was closed on November 8th at 5:05 PM.
The Nominator will be asked to provide:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Department
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email
- Indicate if Nominating an Individual or Team
- Name and Department of the Nominee (s)
- Select the primary focus of the nominee’s contributions (student experience, operations of school, or impacted staff culture in the school, unit, and/or program
- Recommendation in a minimum of 500 words
Please Note: You will not be able to save an incomplete Nomination Form and return to it. Therefore, please be sure you have the required information and you have written and saved the nomination recommendation (it can be copied into the Nomination Form).