The School of Arts and Sciences is happy to announce the first annual Staff Excellence Recognition Program.
Awards will be given to staff employees during a reception on February 22, 2019. Peter March, Executive Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences will recognize staff who have distinguished themselves in service excellence, dedication to the School of Arts and Sciences, and our students and constituents. The award criteria listed below incorporate values highlighted by a group of SAS staff.
Nominations for the SAS Staff Excellence Recognition Program for 2017-2018 are currently being accepted. The deadline for nominations is January 11, 2019. Award winners will be recognized at a reception with the Executive Dean on February 22, 2019.
Nominations should address the following criteria, with specific examples since award recipients will be selected on the merits and strengths of the contributions.
- Demonstrates ongoing excellence in service to faculty, staff, students, community and/or other customers
- Exhibits initiative and creativity in developing solutions to problems that result in improved service and/or efficiency and effectiveness of an operation, unit, and/or school
- Promotes productive relationships; strives to motivate and support others; contributes to a positive, collaborative work environment; and promotes positive morale
- Demonstrates a commitment to and support of the School’s values, including: discovery and innovation; promoting diversity and inclusion; strengthening community; engaging the public; and, leadership at Rutgers, in the community and world.
- Nominees must be full-time staff employees (non-academic employees) from any unit within the School of Arts and Sciences
- Staff must have been working in the School of Arts and Sciences for at least one year (staff must have a November 1, 2017 or before start date in an SAS position to be eligible)
- Previous recipients of the Staff Recognition Award are not eligible for nomination for five years
- Individual staff members or teams of staff will be considered. Teams of staff members should work collaboratively to achieve goals across the school and can include departments, committees, work groups, etc.
- Anyone affiliated with the School of Arts and Sciences (staff, faculty, students) is welcome to submit nominations
- There is no limit to the number of nominations a person may submit
- Nominations must be submitted online no later than January 11, 2019 at 5:00pm
- A committee comprised of the prior year’s Staff Excellence Recognition winners will review the nominations and advise Executive Dean March of their recommendations. For this inaugural program, the SAS HR Liaisons committee, which is comprised of staff from all SAS disciplines, will review the nominations and advise Executive Dean March of their recommendations.
- The award winner(s) will be announced in February. Award recipients, their supervisor, and the nominator will be invited to attend a celebratory reception with Executive Dean March on February 22, 2019.
- The awardees will also be featured on the SAS website.
Questions about the SAS Staff Excellence Recognition Program can be directed to Rosemary Lane, firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-6440.
To Submit a Nomination
The Nominator will be asked to provide:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Department
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email
- Indicate if Nominating an Individual or Team
- Name and Department of the Nominee (s)
- Recommendation in a minimum of 500 words
Please Note: You will not be able to save an incomplete Nomination Form and return to it. Therefore please be sure you have the required information and you have written and saved the nomination recommendation (it can be copied into the Nomination Form).