We are pleased to announce in addition to the SAS Staff Excellence Recognition awards, SAS has added SAS Staff COVID-19 Response Awards to recognize those staff who through their efforts helped bring out what is best in the School of Arts and Sciences and Rutgers during the COVID-19 pandemic. As the School of Arts and Sciences reacted to the turbulent and chaotic time, we are extremely grateful for the dedication, high standards, and caring of our employees and community. Staff employees to be honored with these awards will have demonstrated extraordinary efforts to maintain critical operations, assist faculty and students in transitioning to online classes, support critical research or facilitate the shut-down and restart of research activities, and ensure the safety and well-being of others—all accomplished with emphasis on effectively supporting the academic mission of the school and the university during the pandemic.
You may know of a staff employee or team of staff employees who have shown innovation and persistence to facilitate learning, maintain business operations, and/or ensure that students and employees in need or transition receive support. Please help SAS recognize and thank these staff members who have risen to the challenge of these unprecedented times in extraordinary ways.
Nominations should address two or more of the following criteria and provide details with specific examples since award recipients will be selected on the merits and strengths of the contributions.
- Demonstrated compassion, integrity and resolve by maintaining a sense of community and connection despite the constraints presented by the pandemic. Especially in supporting students, faculty and/or staff in need.
- Provided assistance in maintaining mission critical operations; adapting to the situation with resiliency, creativity in problem solving, and initiative.
- Facilitated ongoing critical research and/or the shut-down and restart of research activities and facilities through extraordinary efforts and attention to the unique demands of the workplace imposed by the pandemic.
- With responsiveness to the needs of faculty, staff, students and others took extraordinary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of all in the unit, department/center, division, and/or school.
- Nominees must be full-time staff employees (non-academic employees) from any unit within the School of Arts and Sciences
- Staff must have been working in the School of Arts and Sciences for at least one year (staff must have a October 1, 2019 or before start date in an SAS position to be eligible)
- Previous recipients of the Staff Recognition Award are eligible for nomination for an SAS COVID-19 Response Award
- Individual staff members or teams of staff will be considered. Teams of staff members should work collaboratively to achieve goals across the school and can include departments, committees, work groups, etc.
- Anyone affiliated with the School of Arts and Sciences (staff, faculty, students) is welcome to submit nominations
- There is no limit to the number of nominations a person may submit
- Nominations must be submitted online no later than November 2, 2020 at 5:00pm
- A committee comprised of SAS senior leaders will review the nominations and advise Executive Dean March of their recommendations.
- The award winner(s) will be announced in February. Award recipients, and the nominator will be recognized at a reception with Dean March when we are able to celebrate together again.
- The awardees will also be featured on the SAS website.
Questions about the SAS Staff Excellence Recognition Program can be directed to Rosemary Lane: email@example.com or 848-932-6440.
Frequently Asked Questions
To Submit a Nomination
The online Nomination Form can be accessed via the 2020 SAS Staff COVID-19 Response award nomination form.
The Nominator will be asked to provide:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Department
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email
- Indicate if Nominating an Individual or Team
- Name and Department of the Nominee (s)
- Recommendation in a minimum of 500 words
Please Note: You will not be able to save an incomplete Nomination Form and return to it. Therefore please be sure you have the required information and you have written and saved the nomination recommendation (it can be copied into the Nomination Form).