Giving to the Department of Economics
ECONOMICS explores the interplay of decision makers that determines economic well-being.
Economics faculty are engaged in a broad range of research, providing policy recommendations for key local, national, and world economic problems. Prominent work focuses on macroeconomic policy, regulation of banks and financial institutions, environmental and climate change problems, tax policy, international trade, and mechanism design for efficient resource allocation.
We invite you to make a gift and make a difference to Economics students and faculty by supporting one of the following dedicated annual funds:
Annual giving opportunities include:
- Student Support Fund: Supports undergraduate and graduate students by providing travel stipends, research funds, and awards for exceptional teaching and research.
- Chair’s Fund: Supports departmental activities and initiatives, including seminars, distinguished visiting scholars, and technology enhancement.
- Gregory Wachtler Experimental Economics Laboratory Fund: Supports student and faculty research projects in the laboratory, as well as technology enhancements for the laboratory.
- Dorothy Rinaldi Award: A new graduate student prize, named in honor of our long-serving Graduate Program Administrative Assistant, and intended to support dissertation research for a senior Ph.D. student who exemplifies the combined qualities of outstanding scholarship, leadership and service to other graduate students.
- Professor Hiroki Tsurumi Graduate Dissertation Fund in Economics: A new graduate dissertation fellowship, named in honor of Emeritus Professor Hiroki Tsurumi who has mentored and advised hundreds of graduate students during his more than 35 years teaching in the Rutgers Economics Program.
Our vision for the future includes the establishment of new endowed professorships and graduate student fellowships to enhance our ability to recruit the best faculty and continue to build quality.